Users can create new items without those items being part of a plan. These items are called Tasks, and can be moved to a plan later. Once you assign a task to someone (whether yourself or another user), it will appear on that user’s “My Dashboard” page.
How to Create and Assign a Task
1. Under ‘My Dashboard,’ you will see all the items you are a part of. To create a task, navigate to the top right corner, and click the '+.'
2. The ‘Add Plan Item’ screen will appear. You will fill out this card like you would when building out a plan item. You have the options of assigning the task to someone, choosing a start and due date, etc.. Click ‘Save’ to create and assign the task.
3. If you are assigned a task while in the application, a pop-up notification will appear in the bottom right hand corner of your screen. You can click on it to direct you to the task assigned to you.
You will also receive a notification in your notification center.
Once someone has assigned a task to you, the item will appear on your ‘My Dashboard’ screen.
Moving a Task to a Plan
1. Open the Task. Under the ‘Alignment’ tab at the bottom, click the ‘Move to Plan’ button.
Here you can choose:
- Which plan you want to place the item in
- Which level of the plan you'd like to label the item as
- Which parts of the plan that you want the item to be aligned with
2. Click ‘Move’ to save your changes.